Monday, May 28, 2012

INSECT ID ?

I have seen this bug 2 times the past couple of days and I remember I've seen it before at least once. It kinda looks like a dragon with its long neck and a looooong stinging tail. So in detail. It has 2 pairs of wings, 6 legs and 2 antennas.
I do not really know if it stings, it seems quite possible however since it is so pointy and also has high mobility. I've seen it to twist it like a snake.
So it begs the question "WHAT t.f. IS IT"? I manage to capture this particular one intact with a hair dryer. If anyone wants to study it, I can post it. Seems it is common enough.

Located in Athens Greece 2012.

Internet is a great instrument.
Laura from  http://www.bumblebee.org/  identified it as a Snakefly. Thanks!
And Wikipedia has an article about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment