Sunday, May 13, 2012

HP laserjet 5L memory upgrade

I have been using an HP laserjet 5L printer that I was given as a gift (they were throwing it away) and had written a post about it earlier. The memory I bought from that Ebay seller who was kind enough to send me two different types, was not working. Hence I've been searching for a DRAM module since. A few days back I start searching again and to my dismay I was still finding the disturbingly high prices I was finding a year ago. But I had an epiphany, I visited www.pchub.com which has lots of used computer parts and I found a hopefully proper DRAM module for 7$ (with free shipping). I am waiting for it to arrive now and put it to test as soon as possible.

What is more, after about 2-3 years of infrequent use, the new toner was about to end. Hence with 13$ I bought refill toner and the printer is going strong as ever.

Update:

After a couple of weeks I finally received the DRAM put it in the printer and VOILA! It prints 600x600dpi without problems! Hurrah!!!

Kingston KTM-TP750/8 Memory Card 8 MB

No comments:

Post a Comment