Sunday, January 30, 2011

SKYPE - DSL DISCONNECTION ISSUES

Updated.

Last couple of days skype is behaving in a bizarre way.
Every time I turn it on and connects, it is ok for a few seconds and then my internet connections goes to hell. And its not only the internet, the telephone line doesnt work as well and the other computers have no connection.
The wifi works ok, the lights on the modem-router are blinking ok and all is crap!

on skype forums there was a similar issue with some Siemens routers and uPNP but these seem to have no possitive effect in my case. Besides everything was working fine till 3 days ago!
I used both the latest and an older skype version with no success.

Any thoughts on the matter?

The plot thickens...
After having a chat with a technician of my broadband and telephone provider, where he told me there was no fault with the line in any way, we did an experiment while he was monitoring the line. As we were speaking on the phone I turned on and connected with skype. With in seconds of skype's connection, the telephone conversation became from inaudible to disconnection and the internet data transfer ceased. Then he called me again after a couple of minutes and told me that the moment I logged on skype, the upload bandwidth capacity of the line was consumed and nothing could go through. No data, no voice.

Now why the heck does this happen?

UPDATE:
It seems that a reset to the defaults of the router solved the problem. Its strange cause I did not do any changes in the router software...

No comments:

Post a Comment