Tuesday, September 4, 2012

JiaYu Mobile. Waporware or not?

Searching to buy a new smartphone I learned about the JiaYu G3 (chinese) mobile phone. After searching a bit online and reading about it, it seems like a very controversial phone.
The specs seem quite above average and the fact that it is advertised with a retail price of about 170$ makes it a total bargain. Assuming it delivers what it promises. (on a related note, ahappydeal.com
lists this phone as available, before the official launch date at 300+$ which is a more reasonable price but totally out of my budget)
However there are a few issues that need to be addressed and which make it seem like vaporware.

On the official JiaYu shop website, it is listed with a weight of 500 grams. If indeed it is so heavy and its not some sort of typo error. My God! Must be the heaviest phone since the era of phone bricks!
Something else that needs to be addressed is the phone specs. It claims to have 2750mAh battery. That is freaking awesome! If it is true, it must be a hell of a battery! It should provide perhaps a week of use? But it is too good to be true if you ask me.
Another point of interest is that on this website the phone appears to have WIFI a compatibility. 5Ghz networking is highly unlikely for a mobile phone. So I think that is a mistake.

To see it is to believe it. I guess I will have to wait a bit to see the reviews by other users before I jump in the wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment