Friday, September 7, 2012

Saucony Men's ProGrid Trigon 5 Ride late review

I should have made this post a few years back, it would be more relevant, but as they say better late than never.
So once upon a time I bought a pair of running shoes. Saucony Men's ProGrid Trigon 5 Ride. I did not buy them cause I liked them or knew the model from friends. In fact I had never heard Saucony before in my life. I walked in a store, told them I want a pair of running shoes told me to get barefoot sit and stand up while the salesman looked my arch and gave me that pair of shoes to try. They fitted nicely, the price was ok, so I got them went home and went out for a run.

It was a disaster! The shoe somehow managed to cut through the skin on my Achilles tendon. And of course the next run was a couple of weeks later with my old beat up Northface trekking shoes.
I am not sure how or why this happened. The fact remains that I still have this pair of shoes which I seldom wear due to the fact that it always cuts through my skin. I have even tried to use a couple of band-aids to cushion the point of contact but that helps only a little bit. I still get cut almost every time I put them on. Which is a pity of course since the shoe is almost new with very little wear on the sole. All in all, for an unknown to me brand the first impression is negative and that of course doesn't help with brand loyalty.

Same problem I had about 15 years ago with a Fila pair of shoes. Needless to say I never bought Fila again...

No comments:

Post a Comment