Thursday, September 20, 2012

Parts list to build a 3d Printer?

so here is a question that has been circling my mind for a fair bit of time:
HOW MANY (OLD) PRINTERS $ SCANNERS (of any kind) WOULD I NEED TO ASSEMBLE A FUNCTIONAL 3D PRINTER such as Makerbot or similar?

the question has validity since as we speak I have at home a disassembled HP scanner, a disassembled HP 920 printer, a still functioning HP 420 printer, a cannon and an other HP scanner. Some found in the bin while walking outside, some from my personal stash of aged technological marvels.

And I am asking because in the scanner there was a great steel rod, lots of cables and a stepper (I think) motor. In the printer there were at least 2-3 brussless or stepper motors one (at least) steel rod and a carriage. And I assume similar stuff reside in each printer or scanner which could be used to assemble a 3D printer. Perhaps adding only the control board.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry LeaMikhaela, but spam or advertising comments are not welcome on this blog. If you need things, you can always get them on your local freecycle group

    ReplyDelete