Wednesday, May 19, 2010

HP iPaq 5450

Recently I got a HP ipaq 5450 and with surprise I realised it also had a sim card slot. After doing some reading I was disapointed to find that it is not functonal and was placed for future development. Why they would through away money for sim connectors they wouldnt use, is beyond me but who am I to question corporate inteligence.
Anyway, I was trying to find photos of that and couldnt hence I made a couple myself using the directions found here for the disassembly. (Of course it has no Imei)

Seems like there is lots of empty space around the sim connector :(




































Strangely the rom version is 2.00.20 dated 06/24/03
while the latest version available from HP is version 1.11 which is unavailable at that link and can only be found at the Korean branch.
Seems like the 1.11 version is for ppc 2002 while this one has the upgrade ppc 2003 and afterwards Hp stopped upgrading...
what a waste...

No comments:

Post a Comment