Monday, June 6, 2011

Lights on the moon

On Saturday 4/6/11 night I was playing around with my new binoculars, not very expensive and not very strong either, looking the new moon. And I saw something quite bizarre. On the bottom left corner of the moon, just at the spot the sunlight ended, there was a spot of darkness from the unlighted section and after that another spot of bright light.
Now I do not believe Nazis are on the moon, or anything exotic like that and the most posible explanation I can think of is that sun light was falling on the top of a crater rising low and high enough to create the image of subsequent darkness and light. But damn, that is a mind boggling spectacle. Strange lights on the moon...

Bad photo I know and doesn't show what I wanted, but thats all I could manage. Holding the binoculars in front of a phone camera is not exactly ideal photo rig.

No comments:

Post a Comment