Wednesday, January 27, 2010

iPad YEA

"Hello World" said the iPad today and the world jized its pants in a true American fashion. Gizmodo, (which unfortunately I follow) and other gadget websites shed countless pages of electronic ink, spending dozens of man-hours (theirs to write stuff, ours to read the said stuff) writing about the rumors of its existenze, showing photochopped and blurred or crystal clear photos of it, speculating on its specifications, and shedding tons of sweat and tears in the process.
They even posted a Bounty Ad for 100.000$ for evidence of its existence and for fracks sake they got an official lawyer response!!!

And I ask: Why the the heck does that happens? It is a fracking tablet computer. Yes it is slim, yes it powerful, yes its battery lasts a lifetime, yes there was a lot of secrecy around it, SO FUCKING WHAT? So there is gonna be absolutely no fucking, as I told a former friend once, when he asked the same question.

I am no Apple fanboy, I am no Windows fanboy, hell I am no Linux fanboy either, not to mention Be, Solaris etc. I couldn't care less if they all burnt to HELL and I wouldn't shed a tear. Though I would rather prefer if they would not burn simultaneously cause humanity needs some time to develop the next O.S. which is gonna jiz our pants next.

What the heck is all about really people? I mean look at it. Its sleek and dandy but does it run Crysis? Is it gonna change the world? Is it gonna be able to protect us from earthquakes, from asteroids? Protect us from viruses, nuclear disasters? Protect from stray bullets? Protect from hunger, from typhoons and drought? Is it gonna protect us from the climate change? Pour petrol in our tanks, regenerate the forests? Is it gonna change our lives? What the frack is it going to do? Ahhhhh I forgot. All those are other peoples problems. So who gives a shit about them?

Is it going to allow us a whole new way of reading books? Or accessing the internet, or navigating Google maps? And GOD knows what else? WOHOOOOOOO FRACKING GREAT. Now after jizing our pants about it lets do something more productive. Lets send 5 fracking $ to the people suffering in Haiti to ease our guild (if we feel anything at all) rather than send our troops. And then lets spend the other 494+ $ to the fracking iPad and lets get a bank loan to pay the remaining 5$ we already spent. Banks need to survive the recession too right?

Stupidity has no limits. Sky is the limit.

If the Gizmodo fan club was ever to read these I know exactly the kind of warm welcome I would get from many of them as did the booth babe and anyone else not agreeing with the American way of life. Heck why not? They are the rulers of the world, right?

Hmmm, now where did I leave my piggy bank? I think the time is right to spill its guts. And how the heck am I going to order the iPad from the US????

Don't get me wrong. It seems splendid and would love to have one, but why the hell all this maddening, artificial, demand?

No comments:

Post a Comment