Tuesday, May 26, 2009

SPAM - SPOOF - MALICIOUS EMAILS

I am under the impression that many email accounts have been attacked and used to send spam emails. Many facebook accounts too!
You must have personal experience too with MSN accounts sending spam messages, like "Hey man, check this photo of my boobs www.DANGEROUS_LINK.com" ( I received this one from a friend and since I had absolutely no interest in cheking his boobs, that made me suspicious...)

Facebook applets design to steal your password and username,
facebook message urging me to check a link which directed me into an amazingly good imitation of facebook where I had to "log in" again with my details.
Email messages from seemingly legitimate hotmail and yahoo accounts send from people with greek names (I am greek too! what a coincidence) people I hadnt heard before.
Spoof paypal, bank and ebay email messages.
(really bad) Translated in Greek spam emails about electronic and other companies...

Where is this cyber world going to?

So far I have been relatively suspicious and this suspicion kept my details safe, but as we say in Greece the smart bird gets caught by the nose....

No comments:

Post a Comment