Monday, November 2, 2015

Pitney Bowes is the shit! NOT!!!!

So... I bought some batteries of Ebay, from a US seller.
the only reason I bought it there was that he was selling a pack of 5, at the price that others sell only one. And considering all relative costs, ie shipping and global shipping program costs, it was still way cheaper than the competition!
So I took the plunge. The seller send it promptly and I got it in about 10 days, but where I was expecting 1 envelope with five batteries, I received 3 boxes measuring 6.5'' x 6.5'' x 6.5'' or about 17x17x17cm^3. I was really surprised when I received it, cause I wasn't expecting 3 boxes.
And then I opened one, and inside was a boatload of cushion paper and 2 batteries, measuring
6.5cm x 4cm x 0.8cm each!!!
The other two boxes, had 2 and one batteries inside. In one of the boxes, there was the envelope that the seller had actually used to post the items to the Ebay Global Shipping program.

There Pitney Bowes, opened the envelope and repackaged the items as they saw fit. What surprised me, was that they didn't send each battery individually. Its beyond my comprehension.

With a rough calculation, each box could fit 168 batteries.

what a waste.

Personally I avoid US sellers that use Ebay GSP cause it bloats the shipping cost unproportionally and without real reason. USPS is more than capable to ship stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment