Sunday, April 6, 2014

Toughbook CF H1: How to access the bios without a keyboard

I recently got a used Toughbook CF H1 Field unit for play and job purposes.

It did not came with a cradle and I had thought it would be a pain to get into the BIOS and change anything if needed.
However when I gave it to my toddler to play with it, as it was turning on she pressed "KEY" button and entered the BIOS! :0
In there the A1, A2 buttons where working as left-right and the camera-RFID buttons as up-down.
The barcode button was the enter!

So there  you have it in case you where wondering like me.
How I have to open the thing up remove the WWAN module and add a USB port that I have seen floating cheaply on ebay.

update 22/6/15:
the WWANto USB card exchange didnt worked as planned. The internal USB port worked, but failed to recognise any USB storage that I plugged in. It did however recognise and was able to use, a wireless keyboard that I used with my android dongle. Perhaps it was just a (bad) cable issue but didn't test it further.

No comments:

Post a Comment