Wednesday, February 5, 2014

CANON IPF605 IS ABSOLUTELY THE WORST PLOTTER EVER. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. BETTER STICK WITH PEN AND PAPER

As I am writing these lines I am on the razorblade thin edge that separates batshit crazy stuff from normal people. I am trying very hard to maintain a straigt face and not start screaming like a lunatic and start breaking everything in sight.
I just spend 2 good hours of my life trying to trouble shoot and make it work the Canon IPF605 plotter in order to print a damn drawing. I could have gone to someone and pay to have it printed, but then again what the fuck is the point of buying a plotter if you end up plotting the drawings on someone elses machine?

Welcome to the world of the Canon IPF 605 plotter. I don't know about other Canon consumer items might be good, or mediocre or like in my case absolutely fucking horrible. 
So the plotter itself is a couple of years old. At least the last year that I have been on this office, the plotter has been missbehaving. By design if you ask me. 
It has been chewing up the motherfucking paper like gum... LIKE MOTHERFUCKING GUM. and of course, just like gum it is next to impossible to remove that jammed paper. I do not know how high the designers at Canon where when designing this plotter. Or what kind of corners did they deside to cut during said design. But this product should have never been put into production, let alone sold. With my current experience I would say that If I was paid 100000$ monthly to use this plotter I wouldn't. Assuming I was meant to do some productive work. If the goal was a sisyphian task they have absolutely excelled at it. I cannot in my simple mind conceive a more cruel method to torture an engineer fighting with deadlines, with stupid customers, jugling with infinite tasks, fighting with life in general.
HEY BROTHER ENGINEERS AT CANON! IF THERE WAS EVER A SADIST SCALE YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY BROKEN EVERY MOTHERFUCKING RECORD. 

Have you seen those guys standing in line for the newest gadget - iphone only to break it with a sledge hammer? I will formally propose this solution to my manager and if he accepts I will videotape it so that to remain in eternity as a reminder to how not make products that try to burst their users veins.

So to sum up STAY AWAY from ANY IPF 605 CANON plotter. Unles you are a masochist that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment