Wednesday, January 22, 2014

replacing the digitizer

Touchscreen digitizer repair
How to separate the digitizer from the screen?
If you break your touchscreen while your screen is intact, and you wand to repair it on your own assuming you found a replacement digitizer on Ebay or elsewhere, be very VERY VERY careful. I cannot stress that enough when separating the broken glass from the rest of the phone. It is very likely that the screen is glued on the digitizer as it happened in my case with my Star B92M, and when you try to pull the digitizer off the phone the screen may come with it. And if you cant pull it neatly, you will break it.
So I was thinking, how could someone solve this problem? And it hit me. One could probably use dental floss to separate the glass from the screen in a clean and non invasive manner.

Usually the digitizer is glued in the periphery of the phone, hence with the floss one could be able to separate that thin piece of adhesive and free the screen intact.
Unfortunately I managed to break my screen before thinking of that, but hopefully it will save others.

No comments:

Post a Comment