Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Casio EWC underwater Case for Casio Exilim cameras brocken latch repair



I have been using for a while a few different Casio exilim cameras mostly because I am very fond of the easy BestShot mode they have for taking pictures in various environments. Yea what can I say I am not very proficient when it comes to photography settings.
For all the exilim cameras I got, I aquired (second hand) the relevant Casio EWC underwater case.The type of cases I have used are similar to the following:


The latch used to shut securily the case is also used as a lever to open it after the use when the internal pressure is lower than the atmospaheric and is difficult to open it. Unfortunately it breaks quite often too! 3 out of 5 cases had this problem. The case can still be used and is waterproof at the rated depth however becomes rather difficult to open it after each use.




Looking around in Ebay I found a listing with a similar EWC case and similar problem which had been repaired as shown in the photos:







No comments:

Post a Comment